History of Delaware State Flag:
- Adopted July 24, 1913
- The flag has a buff-colored diamond on a colonial blue flag
- The coat of arms is in the diamond, which was adopted on January 17, 1777.
- Below the diamond is the date December 7, 1787 which is the day Delaware became the first state to ratify the United States Constitution
- The shield includes a shield of horizontal green, blue, and white stripes. On the white stripe is an ox, above the blue stripe is a gold background with a sheaf of wheat and an ear of corn representing Delaware’s agriculture
- There is a sailing ship above the shield and a farmer on the left and soldier on the right
- Below is the state motto on a banner, it reads “Liberty and Independence”