Has your outdoor flagpole been neglected all summer?
Here is a handy checklist to use to evaluate if your outdoor flagpole is ready for the first day of school.
- Rope: Look at the rope. Are there places where the rope is frayed? If so, it might be time to replace the rope. A simple restring at the base of the flagpole saves time and money down the road—replace it before it breaks!
- Pole: Is it leaning? We can straighten it. Is it near trees and needs to be relocated? We can move it! If your pole is steel, we can replace it with a beautiful no-maintenance aluminum shaft!
- Snap Hooks: Look at each snap hook. Is the metal wearing thin? Are there rivets in the metal, which is a sign of wear on the snap hook. If it swivels, does it turn freely or does it stick? Can you open the snap hook with out extensive pressure or effort? Any of these might indicate the need for snap hooks. Keep in mind, if a snap hook breaks, your flag will be hanging with only one hook and my result in your flag looking like it is flying upside down.
- Snap Hook Covers: Snap hook covers are a vinyl cylinder piece that fits over your snap hook to keep the snap hooks from clanging on the aluminum flagpole.
- Truck: The truck (or pulley) is at the top of the flagpole where the rope threads through. When the rope is being moved up and down, is the pulley sticking? Does the rope get stuck? This might indicate it is time to replace the truck.
- Ball: Is the ball intact and straight? Is it faded or is it missing? We can replace your ball with a bright gold ball!
- American & State Flag: Is your flag in good repair and vibrant in color? If its tattered, faded, or dirty, we can help, sometimes same day service!
- School Custom Flag: Does your school fly a custom flag? If not, we can help design and produce school flags to promote school spirit!
We can help you get your flagpole in tip-top shape for the school year, give is us a call!