Happy International Joke Day! Here's a small dose of humor to lighten your mood today.
A common question we get is “how big is a 3'x5' flag?"
The answer is simple….it is 3 feet tall by 5 feet wide or 36 inches tall by 60 inches wide or 91.44 cm by 152.4 cm. All kidding aside, we know it is hard to judge a 3’x5’ flag size.
Below are 7 guidelines to help determine the size of a 3’x5’ flag.
1. A yard stick is 3 feet long.
2. If you are 5’ tall, spread your arms. That should closely resemble 5 feet. If you are 6’ tall, spread your arms, that should closely resemble 6 feet.
3. Most men's feet measure closely to 12” or one foot. Walk toe to heal three times. That is 3 feet. Walk toe to heal five times. That is five feet.
4. The typical 2-and-a-half-year-old is 36” tall.
5. Look at your 60” television, corner to corner is 5 feet.
6. Look down. Do you have welcome mat or rug at your entry? The rug at our entry is 3’ x 5’.
7. 3’x5’ flags are the most common US flag size seen flying on a mounted residential flagpole.