Do you have an idea for a flag but no art? We have two full-time graphic artists on staff that can help you design your custom flag. Sam and Donna are celebrating 5 years at Custom Flag Co. this month!
Sam: Studied Art and Digital Design at Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa. He enjoys mountain biking, skiing, traveling the world, and good food.
Donna: Studied Communication Design in Kansas. She enjoys making jewelry, ceramics, live music, and spending time with family & friends.
When designing a custom flag, there are five design principles recommended by the North American Vexillogical Association:
- Simple – The flag should be so simple that a child can draw it
- Deep Meaning – The flag’s images, colors, or patterns should relate to what it symbolizes
- Use 2 -3 Basic Colors – Limit the number of colors on the flag to three with contract will and come from the standard color set.
- Limit use of words or Seals
- Be Distinctive or Be Related – Avoid duplicating other flags, but use similarities to show connections.