Happy International Joke Day! Here's a small dose of humor to lighten your mood today.
A common question we get is “how big is a 3'x5' flag?"
The answer is simple….it is 3 feet tall by 5 feet wide or 36 inches tall by 60 inches wide or 91.44 cm by 152.4 cm. All kidding aside, we know it is hard to judge just the size of 3’x5’.
Below are 7 guidelines to help determine the size of a 3’x5’ flag.
1. A yard stick is 3 feet long.
2. If you are 5’ tall, spread your arms. That should closely resemble 5 feet. If you are 6’ tall, spread your arms, that should closely resemble 6 feet.
3. Most men's feet measure closely to 12” or one foot. Walk toe to heal three times. That is 3 feet. Walk toe to heal five times. That is five feet.
4. The typical 2-and-a-half-year-old is 36” tall.
5. Look at your 60” television, corner to corner is 5 feet.
6. Look down. Do you have welcome mat or rug at your entry? The rug at our entry is 3’ x 5’.
7. 3’x5’ sized US flags are the most common size flag flying on a mounted residential flagpole.